Classroom English 2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Classroom English 2

Instructor: Jayne Crawford

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Chris's reflection

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
chris

Chris's reflection Empty
PostSubject: Chris's reflection   Chris's reflection EmptyWed Jun 02, 2010 8:09 am

chris
I hope you enjoyed my activity. It was lucky to print out booklets for all of you. There was a shortage of A4, so I had to move around toandfro. Anyway, I planned controlled writing for beginners of writing. Actually, I planned for using maccaronies, spaghetti noodles and "o" cerals for pucntuation marks. But it wasn't much time to use them. If you have a chance to teach marks, What about using them? I think children will love it.

Amie
I sung your song all day long since your activities had finished. That was so good music to dance and teach phonics for children.too I tried to but I could't. It was fast! You have good skills especially for phonics. Phonics is a long and boring progress for children, but I'm sure children love your lesson. I so impressed from your drawing with "c". You did a very good job.

Ellen
It was a good class for children in the 3rd and 4th grade. After your class, they'll introduce food or attractions to the foreigners. PPT was very good showing the wonderful pictures of korea's attractions. Making a "attraction" with letters you handed out to us was a good way to memorize the words and draw the children's attention when you start lesson. ^^
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Chris's reflection Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chris's reflection   Chris's reflection EmptyThu Jun 10, 2010 7:12 pm

Hi Chris,

Great idea to use pasta to teach punctuation. As a child, we used it to make pictures, so it would work great in writing! Thanx for your lesson, you did a great job! Modeling punctuation for students is a great idea, and I do that with my adult learners too. I even model my thought process, thinking aloud as I decide where to use punctuation.

See you Saturday Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://tesol.forumotion.com

Chris's reflection
Page 1 of 1