Classroom English 2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Classroom English 2

Instructor: Jayne Crawford

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Cho's reflection

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
cho

cho

Cho's reflection Empty
PostSubject: Cho's reflection   Cho's reflection EmptyFri May 14, 2010 8:44 pm

1. Soyeon
In my opinion, her activities and games were well organized and showed the lesson goal well. I was really impressed by the activity using shopping carts. If I have a chance, I would like to utilize the activity because it was authentic. Learners usually feel difficult to use the second language outside of classroom, if authentic materials are not used. The best thing of all was her voice tone and speed. She talked slowly and clearly enough for beginner level leaners. However, I still felt her lesson a little bit short of perfection because it would have been much better if she had added some fun songs and dances for the warm-up part.

2. Becky
I could see she is a really energetic teacher by her voice tone and facial expressions. I think her intonation and pronunciation were very clear and good. However, I think her voice speed was a little bit fast for young learners. Her lesson goal was 'body movement' so we did a lot of dances and actions which could get young learners' attention easily. I think that's a good strategy. Also the songs and activities were pretty fun for young learners. However, it would have been much better if she had had some explanations for body parts. Overall, it was a good lesson model for the target ages.

3. Sarah
I think her intro which showed a part of the picture was very strategic. The way she started the lesson could make learners focus on the teacher. Before she started the craft lesson, she explained the body parts of a caterpillar which made students familiar with the parts. She also repeated those words to make learners remember. However, I think, if she had spoken a little bit louder it would have been much better to understand her instructions. Overall, I was really impressed by her lesson.

4. Shanon
I really liked her lesson '2 Monsters Kiki and Kuku'. The story was really good for beginner levels, I think. The most interesting was her storytelling because when she pretended like Kiki I almost went out to look for Kuku~~ I'm sure her voice tone and facial expressions would have gotten attentions from young learners. If I have chance, I want to use this listening and drawing activity in my class~
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Cho's reflection Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cho's reflection   Cho's reflection EmptyFri May 28, 2010 4:14 pm

Great reflection Cho. I'm sure each student will find your comments helpful for when they are in the classroom.
Back to top Go down
https://tesol.forumotion.com

Cho's reflection
Page 1 of 1