Classroom English 2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Classroom English 2

Instructor: Jayne Crawford

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Cho's reflection

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
cho

cho

Cho's reflection Empty
PostSubject: Cho's reflection   Cho's reflection EmptyWed Jun 16, 2010 4:16 pm

(speaking with support)
I. Cindy
For warm up, she reviewed the several words which she taught at the last lesson with flash cards. I thought it was a very good idea to remind learners what they had learned so far. The guessing game which made children curious about the pictures was also a good idea. I really enjoyed "a big house & a small house" activity. I was sure that by doing that activity, children could get the definition of 'big' and 'small' and also could categorize those words with animals. Also, in 'pet shop' activity. she made a chart for expressions which children had to learn. That was a good idea for children because they didn't have to be stressful to memorize the expressions while they were doing activity.

2. Cho
umm~ It's not easy to evaluate myself. However, I know I have to...
My lesson focused on making children speak with an authentic expression "I'm washing my __." To achieve that goal I created some activities. First, I made the activity in which children played with a big girl, 'Cleany'. While children removed dust and put a waterdrop on her, they had to speak " I'm washing my __". One thing I forgot in this part was that I had prepared some rewards for volunteers. I think I was so nervous that I forgot to give the rewards. Sometimes, I speak really fast so I kept thinking 'Since my target age is young, I have to speak slowly." Was my voice speed ok?? For the wrap up, I made my own song, "washing song". I used the melody of "do re mi song" to make children easy to sing along. There is one thing that makes me feel my lesson lacking is that it didn't have much interaction between classmates. Next time, I'll concern about interaction between children more.

3. Somie
I was surprised by the PPT files which made her lesson more interesting. I could see that she put a lot of efforts on the lesson. She started with routine questions and that made us very comfortable. For warm up, we did finger playing and a song. Also, she did a guessing game which showed small parts of animals. One thing very impressive was that the expressions she taught during the lesson were shown on the ppt board. Therefore, we didn't have to struggle figuring out what we were learning. However, she taught 4 expressions and many other words so it was little bit difficult for children to remember all of them. Except that, I really liked her lesson and I learned a lot.

(speaking more freely)

4.Trisha
The topic of her lesson was very appropriate for her target audience, adults of advanced level. For the warm up, she showed us several pictures which represented some countries and cities and asked questions about them. For the main activity, we stood in a big circle and passed balls to ask and answer to each other. I think this was a good idea to make students interact freely with each other. However, even though the target age was adult group, it was a little bit distractful. I think it would have been better to divide people in several groups for this activity. Anyway, through your lesson, I became more challenged to teach adults. ^^

5. Rachel
The first activity was coloring pictures without showing to your partner. After we were done with coloring, we explained what colors we used to color the pictures. This activity was good to get a clear idea about colors, I think. The other activity was kind of a guessing game. Only one student got to see a picture and he/she had to answer questions from other students. Also, she gave pieces of chocolate for rewards which raised motivation among the students. However, it would have been better if she had focused on an expression rather than on words.

6. Lynn
I was really impressed by her lesson. Overall, her lesson was very well organized and she looked so professional. Her first activity was 'guess who?' She divided us into 2 groups and made us compete. This created motivation in us. Also, I learned a term of 'taboo word'. Her second activity was "What if?". She asked question like "What if you have superpower?". This game really helped us to speak out during the activity. One thing I really liked about her lesson was that she ended her lesson by mentioning about what we were going to do in the next class. I thought this would help children to prepare for the next class.

(Listen and make)
7. Judy
As she said in her rationale, listening is very important. Before a child speak a word, he has to listen to it so many times. Therefore, listening lesson will be one of the most important lessons. If Judy had come out and spoken for ten minutes alone, that would have been really boring. However, She prepared several pieces of clay with different colors and shapes, which showed she knew how to get children's attention. The activity was pretty simple and easy to follow. When she said some colors and shapes, the children had to pick up the right paper. This made children get the idea of different colors and shapes. Then, she asked children to do this by themselves. Her lesson was easy to follow for the children.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Cho's reflection Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cho's reflection   Cho's reflection EmptyFri Jun 18, 2010 7:28 pm

Cho, your lesson reflected very well and accomplished the task of using authentic sentences and repeating expressions. Each student that came to the board had a chance to say aloud the sentence, so this made for a lot of repetition. And by having the whole class sing together involves everyone.

Make sure your reflection relates directly to the lesson's rationale, like the reflection of your lesson and my comment about 'authentic sentences' and 'repetition'. Otherwise, your comments are helpful. Thanx!
Back to top Go down
https://tesol.forumotion.com

Cho's reflection
Page 1 of 1