Classroom English 2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Classroom English 2

Instructor: Jayne Crawford

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Rachel's reflection

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
soomin Kim

soomin Kim

Rachel's reflection Empty
PostSubject: Rachel's reflection   Rachel's reflection EmptySat Jun 12, 2010 11:58 am

1. Cindy
Her rationale is clear, and her activities is good enough to make students interested in activities. She explained some animals with good picture card. She made students repeat the vocabulary. She used some materials such as bear doll, ppt. And she used shopping game which was really interesting to do. She chose a girl who want to be a pet shop assistant. And everybody in the class enjoyed the game.

2. Joe
She prepared a lot of thing. Her explanation was very clear, and her activities are very colorful. I think she must have spent a lot of time making some materials. And she make people take part in activities. Moreover, her song was very good to sing along. I am sure students will like her activities.

3. Somi
Her rationale is that students can speak some expressions out of school. Children feel encouraged for achievement. And she let them use some useful expression with fun. They can know by using animal body part for vocabulary. She used song to attract children's interest. And her ppt was really good to match animals. She teaches students useful expressions. So, students can use that expression and can make new sentences.

4. Trisha
Her target students are adults, and her object of the activities is to make them express thought of traveling. Her topic of activities is very familiar to us. I think this activities encouraged us to take participate in activities freely. And I think ball game is good to speak in English, and it motivated student ask each other. I think this is especially good when people get familiar with each other. I think her video material was very good, and I think she must have spent time making this. I think she prepared a lot for the activities.

5. Rachel
I gave a piece of paper which shows a girl and a boy. Students should paint them with color pencils, and they should explain partner. They should not show what she colored at first. I think this is good for student to participate in the activities. And I prepared the other activity that students should pick one person. And I show the student a picture and the others guess what it is, and they should ask some questions. I think it is good to make students participate in.

6. Lynn
She make very interesting guessing games. She made two groups, group A and group B. I think her activity was good to use some famous characters. And She did what if activities. The questions were ' what if you have super power, what if you have a leg, what would you do?', what if you were a boy, what would you do?', what if you can go anywhere, where would you want to go?', what if you could be anyone in the world?' And her next class goal was noticed clearly.

7. Judy
Colorful clay, pictures of the shapes, Nationale is that how listening English is make children interact. First of all, she will let the students know what expressions students should use. Her students' age is 8-9. She let the students know what color their favorite is. She explained all things very slowly. She explained about some shapes with their body part. And she used some color mix and lot of pieces of paper. I think colorful materials is very good for students to get their attention.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Rachel's reflection Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rachel's reflection   Rachel's reflection EmptyFri Jun 18, 2010 8:56 pm

Your lesson topic was speaking freely, so by giving the picture for students to color, this definitely allowed for students to talk freely to each other. Most of the time students were busy communicating which is good. Just please read from that chapter to find exact theories. They will answer the question 'why', why are activities good. Example page 62 5.4 Children in Speaking groups. Rationale that relates to your lesson: Children often feel more confident speaking in pairs or small groups. Also working in pairs, students get more opportunities to speak. Your lesson was successful because it accomplished this. Good job!
Back to top Go down
https://tesol.forumotion.com

Rachel's reflection
Page 1 of 1