Classroom English 2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Classroom English 2

Instructor: Jayne Crawford

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Sarah's reflection

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Sarah

Sarah

Sarah's reflection Empty
PostSubject: Sarah's reflection   Sarah's reflection EmptyMon May 31, 2010 9:03 pm

1. Chris

At the begining time, she taught song using finger that can draw on student's interest enough. It was good. As next step, She presented P.P by using the lyrics of the song that it would be more effect when students learn the puctuation mark, exclamation mark and so on. Through this activity, students can find out sentence that gramatically correct by themselves, they could reconfirm about their writing skill. The other thing I want to use in my class was that the activity of making book as well as tracing letter. According my experience, children love to make their own's. That's why this activity would be great idea for students to learn writing skills. Over all, during this lesson I learned many things from her.

2. Amie

The topic of this lesson is to learn alphabet letter " C " . I realized how she tried hard to find out how to teach the letter "C ". There are lots of great skills I should learn to. Here is my favorite thing. That is a activity that teaching the letter by mimicing the character of a letter with body. I think students really into it. On ther other hand, as she tell students by repeating the sentence, student will familiar with the letter they are learning. Especially, I remember the sentence, as follows: little circle back.
Last but not least, while she draw some picture, studnet can guess what it is. Through this activity, she can check student's learning condition. As a result, teacher can decide whether students need to feedback or not. I love this activity.

3. Eellen

In the introduction part, she showed the activity using password and it make students to particpate in the class easily, I believe. Another great activity is making word that students who holding each letter make in order to complete a word. This is very useful activity to understand students learn the topic word. The most important thing in this lesson would be brainstorming. Before the group activity, teacher let students brainstorming about the attraction of Korea and making their poster for foreigner which is one of the best way to write English. This lesson will be challenge for 3~ 4 grade students though, I love it. Especially, I will try brainstorming in my 5 grade class.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Sarah's reflection Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sarah's reflection   Sarah's reflection EmptyThu Jun 10, 2010 7:25 pm

Great reflection Sarah! I also think brainstorming is so very important before letting students write. I find small group brainstorming works better because shy students are more 'at ease' and talk more in small groups.

Thanx again for sharing, and see you Saturday Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://tesol.forumotion.com

Sarah's reflection
Page 1 of 1