Classroom English 2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Classroom English 2

Instructor: Jayne Crawford

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Shannon's reflection

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Shannon

Shannon

Shannon's reflection Empty
PostSubject: Shannon's reflection   Shannon's reflection EmptyMon Jun 14, 2010 10:53 am

1. Cindy cherry

She did really good job for beginners 9-10 years old according to her rationale. She hided the picture of animals and showed the part of it, and made children to imagine the name of animals. This could be interesting to guess what animals are coming out next. She used the repetition of sentences, ‘Repeat after me~ elephant!’, it made children to understand and keep the words in brain. Also she brought the small and big bear, attracted children to understand the words’ meaning. I loved her pet shop, and children learned what conversation would be need for it. Children volunteered the conversation and repeated them, so it would be helpful to understand and use them outside the class.

2. Cho queen

I was envy her to show many useful materials her made~ She prepared the good lesson for intermediate 2-3 grade of elementary school to improve speaking skill. She showed many interesting expression with motion to wash dirty body parts, ‘I’m washing my hand~’. The interesting activity participating students made them to be concentrated in the lesson. I really loved the washing Cleany’s dirty body parts using water drops and dust. Students could be contented in the results, ‘She’s all clean~!’

3. Somi flower

She prepared the lesson well for exactly upper beginner 6-7 years old. She was good at creating many features of animals, and expressed those using motions. She started the lesson with interesting song, ‘Rock~ Scissors~ Paper~…’, and asked many question to children, ‘What is under the hat? How many animals? What is behind the window?’, and made them to speak out. She was really good at introducing the features of animals, new words, plurals and phrases- Snail: shell, lion: mane, crab: claws, cat: whiskers, ‘What can you make with your hands?’ and ‘ I can make a snail with my hands’ She also allowed children to involve in activity, encouraged them to achieve the effort.

4. Trisha jocolor

Wow~ how impressed to show the movie maker we learned in the practice of PE teaching! She prepared the lesson well for advanced adults. She chose the interesting issue, ‘Country and travel’, and introduced the famous things in several countries, ‘Singapore: Merlion, Australia: Opera House’, U.S.A.: The Statue of Liberty and so on. According to the exchanging information each other, students could be helped speaking freely, and encouraged more their communicative competence. She mentioned the importance about communication without embarrassment.

5. Rachel I love you

Through the lesson she prepared, 10 years old students could be improved their speaking skills. The group activity, ‘coloring picture’ was good choice to encourage their communicative skill. Her guessing game was really fun and excited to get the present when the students get the answer. Guessing game could be good to improve speaking skills for all different ages of students using easy or tricky pictures.

6. Lynn sunny

Her activity was good for helping children to speak more fluently in English, and listening skills could be improved too. It was really interested in the ‘Taboo words’ when doing the guessing game, explaining ‘Kim Yu-na’ and ‘Park Ji-sung’. She chose the good activities for achieving the lesson goal, asking creative questions started with ‘What if~’, and let children to think and talk their opinions. There were some interesting answers from the questions, children may like other’s opinions and laugh a lot. She gave the chance to the children to ask the question to teacher, it could be good to learn the phrase, new words and grammar.

7. Judy cheers

She mentioned listening is the first step that children should improve before speaking. She showed the good lesson for first or second grade of elementary school students. She prepared the useful material, the clay; students may love touching it and make something or mix them together. Students would learn about the shapes- circle, triangle, diamond and square, and the colors- yellow, red, blue, black, green, purple and so on. Her lesson could be good for improving creative skills too through making anything using any colors.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Shannon's reflection Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shannon's reflection   Shannon's reflection EmptyFri Jun 18, 2010 9:16 pm

Overall good comments Shannon. Please make sure to read each rationale of the lesson, look carefully at what the main focus of the lesson was. Then make a comment that answers this question “Did the lesson accomplish the rationale”? This should be about 1 or 2 sentences.

Thanx for the thoughtful reflection!
Back to top Go down
https://tesol.forumotion.com

Shannon's reflection
Page 1 of 1