Classroom English 2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Classroom English 2

Instructor: Jayne Crawford

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Judy's reflection

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
JudyPark

JudyPark

Judy's reflection Empty
PostSubject: Judy's reflection   Judy's reflection EmptySat Jun 12, 2010 11:30 am

1. Cindy (Speaking and Support)
She prepared some pictures on animals and let students to guess what animals they are, just showing a little part of it. It is kind of guessing game so that children might be interested in.
Children can also repeat right after her, so that they can at least speak out.
Using a script is also a good material for the children. they can practice full sentences without hesitating but with lots of fun. they will not be also stressful just memorizing sentences but they can see the scrip and read it. ^_^

2. Cho (Speaking and Support)
First of all, preparing a big colorful picture brings huge attention for students.
It is very important part of teaching so she really did a good job.
Main activity that students should pick a word of body parts and stick it on a big picture is so exciting. it is only for reading but speaking the words too.
Ex) I'm washing my face...I'm washing my feet and so on.
So children will learn the words of body parts as well as complete sentences at the same time.

3. Somi (Speaking and Support)
Starting a class with song can make the environment comfortable and a song was related with a lecture, animal. Nice starting!!!
She usually uses power-point presentation through the screen so that everybody can see it clearly.
We also did motions of each animal, using our body parts. (hands) . As you know, children are so activated so they will like this kind of activity.
Asking several question can also make children to open their mouth and speak out eventually,
but speaking a sentence with motions can be a little bit difficult.

4. Trisha (Speaking more freely)
She shows some pictures on a screen such as flower, opera house, and night view in Hong-kong before a class because her topic is related with country, so it gives big tips.
It was a good start to bring a good motivation and curiosity for students.
Her main activity was to make a big circle first and toss a small ball to each student and then a person who has a ball should ask questions to guess what county it is.
We can practice to make full sentences but there is no-one who will make the correction.
I guess it is a weak point.

5. Rachel (Speaking more freely)
She gave a piece of paper that shows a girl and a boy.
We should paint them, using different colors and finally explain it to their classmates.
It is a good way to practice English as well as knowing exact colors at the same time.
Another activity is that to pick one student up and show a picture but the others cannot see it so it means we have guess what it is after asking many questions.
It makes lots of students to participated a class and concentrate it.
It is a good way of teaching.

6. Lyn (Speaking more freely)
We have started a lesson with group game first. (Guess who?)
It motivated students to get involved in a class so it was nice starting.
She also gives a question such as what would you do if you have super power.
So the students should answer and imagine what they would speak.
It is only for speaking but we can also improve listening, too.

7. Judy (Listen and make)
I prepared 4 different shaped papers that are painted by 8 different colors.
So students should pick each shape up after listening.
It is simple and easy to follow a lesson.
I also choose colorful clay to make shapes because kids like to make something rather than showing and repeating it. They won’t forget it once they did make it by them-selves.
But time consuming is a one of problem. It can take a little bit long time to make something, if they are kids.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Judy's reflection Empty
PostSubject: Re: Judy's reflection   Judy's reflection EmptyFri Jun 18, 2010 6:45 pm

Judy, most of your reflection is just telling what each person did, just restating the activity. I want you to read each person's rationale, and directly comment if their activity accomplished the goal they stated in the rationale.

For example...... Your comment about Trish "We can practice to make full sentences but there is no-one who will make the correction. I guess it is a weak point." But be careful, because Trisha's rationale states that free speaking should allow students the chance to speak without embarrassment, and develop communicative competency by themselves.

Next week, really focus on relating your comments to the rationale. Thanx!

Your lesson went very well. I think this lesson would be more suitable for younger children, because I'd think most 8 - 9 year olds would know their shapes. It was great that children had time to make random things on their own which will allow them to use their imagination.
Back to top Go down
https://tesol.forumotion.com

Judy's reflection
Page 1 of 1