Classroom English 2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Classroom English 2

Instructor: Jayne Crawford

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Sarah's reflection

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Sarah

Sarah

Sarah's reflection Empty
PostSubject: Sarah's reflection   Sarah's reflection EmptyWed May 12, 2010 11:52 am

1. Soyeon
This lesson is very useful to teach students listening skills. I think when we teach in class, we could be use this method when we weather,food, body, whatever.
My favorite thing in this lesson is that the terms " pollying, pollying,pollying, what ( orange )" vs. "pollying, pollying, pollying, what (book)". By doing this method in the closing time of certain class, teacher could be reconfirm whether students understand the lesson very well or not. I learned about that. Someday, I'll try to adapted this activity in my teaching.

2. Becky
This teaching is very active and full of energy. Especially, I think this activity is more useful to young learner because they like to move themselves.
She first explained the vocabularies related to body and students listen the music and do what the voice says. She also taught vocabularies about animal by describing animal's activity. When I teach " listen and do " in my class, I normally use TPR such as " stand up, sit down, walk, stop. etc. Next time, I hope to teach this activity to my student so that they can extend their knowledge relate vocabulary of body and animal.

3. Sarah
I'm Sarah. I would like to teach listening skill through this activity. To be honest, it was executed as originally planned, but it was boring than I expected. I should have shown more cheerful.
Don't forget, keep in mind, cheerful voice with smiling.

4. Shenneon
Her teaching is very attractive to me. She made up for story about monster herself. I like it.She chosed the best topic. Because young learner really like monster and also they have lots of background knowledge whether it is true or not. Lastly, students draw the another monster by listening teacher's story.
It would be one of the best way when we teach " Listen and make "and can draw young learner's creative idea.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Sarah's reflection Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sarah's reflection   Sarah's reflection EmptyFri May 28, 2010 5:47 pm

HI Sarah,
I thought you were cheerful and your lesson went very well! When I looked at everyone in class, they were fully engaged in making their caterpillar. This was a great example of 'listen and make', and while students are making, they were talking which allowed for more learning. Great job! Smile
Back to top Go down
https://tesol.forumotion.com

Sarah's reflection
Page 1 of 1