Classroom English 2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Classroom English 2

Instructor: Jayne Crawford

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Somi's reflection

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
park somi

park somi

Somi's reflection Empty
PostSubject: Somi's reflection   Somi's reflection EmptyMon Jun 21, 2010 6:07 pm

Julie - I think she made the best use of the hand-made material and ppt for help to memorize the expressions in ease. Also students can independently read something that she offers during the lesson. I was impressed because she showed the good way of teaching reading part through the very appropriate topic and activities.

Eileen - I think for very young learners, it is also very important to read the written language in learning process. Your assumption states that it was 3rd lesson of the book. Therefore I firmly believe the learners could understand the repetitive sentences in the book much more than previous lessons. Plus, because of the various materials that you prepared for the lesson, I could feel you really considered about young learners' interest.

Jane - Finally, I got to know how to play bomb game thanks to her. That activity is really useful and helpful to make students struggle to read the language. Her lesson was focusing on meaning and attracting voluntary participation from students.
I will try to use the game for reading activities and other way as well.

Joann - She started with joyful songs and motions, which are necessary to get attention from very young learners. Her main activity 'storytelling' showed that students naturally pay attention to the story through the excellent material and the teacher's well-explanation with memorizing(understanding) the story clearly. Also the learners could involve in speaking the story owing to the repetitive sentences.

Yumi - She made young learners easily understand some new words with interesting sounds. Also, the learners will really enjoy the storybook because she let them involve in the story by singing the 'Birthday song' together. She accomplished the goal which students build vocabulary(family members) and improve comprehension through the storytelling.

Polly - Firstly, she started to read a book with students and then made students curious about the next story. The story was naturally flowed between the book and the material she prepared. Also, she led students to speak, learning new words related to comparative and superlative.

Linda - Above of all, it was a good choice to select the book, which include funny and instructive story with contrary expressions to real morality. She offered opportunities for students to not only write the imperative sentences but also read the book pleasantly.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Somi's reflection Empty
PostSubject: Re: Somi's reflection   Somi's reflection EmptyMon Jun 28, 2010 6:12 pm

Hello Somi!

Thank-you for your overall comments and participation in this class. It was a pleasure to teach you and good luck in your future teaching English! I hope you found this class useful and learning from others practical and resourceful.

Jayne
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://tesol.forumotion.com

Somi's reflection
Page 1 of 1