Classroom English 2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Classroom English 2

Instructor: Jayne Crawford

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Somi's reflection

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
park somi

park somi

Somi's reflection Empty
PostSubject: Somi's reflection   Somi's reflection EmptyMon Jun 14, 2010 3:30 pm

Cindy - Using real stuff(bear dolls) for teaching adjectives was a great idea. Because children feel familiar with those materials (like you prepared for the lesson), they will easily acquire what you taught in the class. Moreover the simple conversation in a pet shop was properly connected to your main lesson.

Cho - Through your lesson, I could feel your valuable experiences in this field. I should make a good model of you. You used very appropriate materials for your main goal and the song was really memorable. The most impressive thing was your active attitude.

Somi - I believe that children sometimes like watching a screen to learn, but usually they like materials which they can touch and operate directly. Therefore I should have more considered about three-dimensional materials for young learners. Plus, it was my mistake that I tried to teach many things for a short time.

Trisha - You made the best use of what we learned in the 'Practice of PE teaching' class as a good reference. I was very impressed. Also you gave students enough chances to make a conversation by using balls. You achieved the goal which is students talk about countries or traveling freely.

Rachel - Young students are very interested in an art activity, so I like the idea that you combined speaking in English with the painting activity. I also believe that through word games, learners struggle to speak out in English and have confidence about the language by asking and answering.

Lynn - Your lesson showed well how advanced-level students speak English fluently. Even though I made a big mistake in the taboo game, I enjoyed a lot like a 3 or 4 grade student. And you made very interesting questions then led learners to answer joyfully. Asking teacher a question in the same way was also very good activity.

Judy - Wow~ at the first time when I planned my lesson (speaking with support), I attempted to cover a 'shape and color' topic, but I did not have great ideas to make learners fun. You dealt with this topic very well with clay and flash cards, focusing on listening. I want to make full use of your lesson in my class soon.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Somi's reflection Empty
PostSubject: Re: Somi's reflection   Somi's reflection EmptyFri Jun 18, 2010 7:45 pm

Hi So-mi,

Be careful when you make comments, to directly relate them to the rationale. For example, your lesson's rationale states to use songs, chants, and rhymes to learn new phrases, but also to practice pronunciation, stress, and intonation. Did you think your lesson accomplished this? I think so, because children had a lot of chances to practice. I think you should put the article in front of the word (on your PPT), for example......... The snail has a shell. but ..... The butterfly has wings. Be careful, because you said "It has a long ears"..... but it is "It has long ears"

Also, I would pair up the students so they have more chances to practice speaking because students will get restless if they have to sit too long and listen to other people speak. Overall your lesson was challenging but that was good! I think it's good to challenge students.

Please really focus on reading each student's rationale and directly make comments about that. Thanx!
Back to top Go down
https://tesol.forumotion.com

Somi's reflection
Page 1 of 1