Classroom English 2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Classroom English 2

Instructor: Jayne Crawford

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Linda's reflection

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
linda

linda

Linda's reflection Empty
PostSubject: Linda's reflection   Linda's reflection EmptySun Jun 13, 2010 11:27 am

1. Cindy's Pet shop

This activity has functional speaking dialog. The role-Customer and Pet assistance has specific dialoge to speak.
Usually, The customer asks some help in the pet shop and Pet assistance has to help the customer.
Their conversation has special pattern so, students can be their role and speak more.
That's simple and good idea for beginner level(9 age).

2. Cho's washing my body

This activity will happens the next step of body name. After learning the name of body part,
Students speaks the sentence 'I'm washing my ______________(body part)' After speaking the
sentences with body part, students can sing 'Washing song' natually. This activity is logical.

3. Somi's animal what can you make

The song 'Knock Knock English' is good for young learners(6-7age) they like the finger play.
This activity has special sentences to speak with animal's name.
The first sentence is "What can you make with your hands? I can make a ____________.(the name of animal)"
The second sentence is "What does it have? It has _____________.(the body part of animal)" For speaking of the second sentence, students have to learn the body part of animal. It can also learn new words to students.

4. Trisha's country travel for adult

This activity is for the advanced adult. They can speak the name of country and famouse thing in the country. Adult can speak more freely with the game "passing balls". This game helps the students
to get information from each other while speaking. It is important to encourage the students communicative without embarrassment. This game is one of guessing game. If student catch the ball, she
think about the country in her mind.

5. Rachel's Color activity

The first activity to study the color is color the picture. The picture have two figures for two people.
The each can paint one of them. And they can ask the other figure painted to their partner. This is one of the imformation gap activities.

6. Lynn's Guess who(advanced level)
Taboo words are very uinique to the guessing game.
And All of students can participate this game. Students can speak anything for their teams.
This game makes the students motivated.

7.Judy's shapes and colors

This activity is relatend to 'Listen and Make' and focused on 8-9 age.
The pictures is various shapes with different colors(4 different shapes that are painted by 8 different colors) and the color caly is useful play to the kid.
The qustions "Can you tell me what color you like the most?" and "Can you find those colors in this classroom? are repeated. That is good for improving the listening skill.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Linda's reflection Empty
PostSubject: Re: Linda's reflection   Linda's reflection EmptyFri Jun 18, 2010 9:26 pm

Overall good comments Linda. Please make sure to read each rationale of the lesson, look carefully at what the main focus of the lesson was. Then make a comment that answers this question “Did the lesson accomplish the rationale”? How? This should be about 1 or 2 sentences.

Thanx for the thoughtful reflection!
Back to top Go down
https://tesol.forumotion.com

Linda's reflection
Page 1 of 1