Classroom English 2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Classroom English 2

Instructor: Jayne Crawford

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Sarah's reflection

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Sarah

Sarah

Sarah's reflection Empty
PostSubject: Sarah's reflection   Sarah's reflection EmptySat Jun 12, 2010 8:09 pm

Speaking and Support

1. Cindy
She taught vocabulaires about animals by presenting flash cards for warm - up. That can be participated the class by students I believe. Teaching target language by contrastomg would captivate me. She showed a samll bear at first, and the a big bear in a row that can really helpful students to understand difference meaning. The most memorable expressionm is that the one " which house does it go in ? ". She said the expression over and over again by practicing the target language. Lastly, she presented how to play last activity which is a kind of role play by shopping the pet between buyer and seller. Overall, it was well organized teaching.

2. Cho
She is very cheerful and expert as well. The most memorable activity in this lesson was the washing song with the motions. I like that . The melody still stuck in my head. That is " I'm washing my hand. I'll try this teaching skill when I teach the part of body. By presenting the big doll, she succeeded in draw students attention as well as achiedved lesson's goal, I think.

3. Somi
Presenting the song in the beginning time was very interesting that can be fully enough impressive to me. Song and chant that used in this lesson help students easily learn about new words. I usually use the song and chant whenever I introduced new words ,vocabularies. Another impressive activity is that ask and answer with chant rhythm. Anyway I think young learners really like this lesson.

(Speaking more freely )

4. Trisha
I think this lesson really help advanced level students to raise their speaking skills. By showing video clip that contains many countries views . After present the video clip, she planned the game that by passing ball learners can practice pattern drills each other. It was intersting game .Learners couldn't control themselves though.

5.Rachel
She showed two activities during entire class. Students can learn speaking skills through first activity they asking and answering which was found out the informnation. In second activity, students can get enough chance to speak freely. It was hard 3rd grade students to do , though.

6. Lynn
This lesson was well organized as well as interested when teacher ask " What if ~ " students surely make their creative idea, I guess. This activity really help students raise their listening siklls as well. Another beauty of this lesson was the taboo words. She explained so very well how to play the guess who game that let students really can enjoy the game. For feedback, she checked student's stduy by asking rephrasing question. That was the best way to confirmed student's study. It was very good. Keep in mind use feedback to consolidate the target language.

7. Judy ( Listen and make )
This lesson was so simple and easy that students can understand easily. It is very effective to teach how to figure out the color and shape. According to characteristic of child, they like make by hand using something like clay , paper... so on. That's why this lesson is best way to teach color and shape, I believe. At this point, this activity remind me of this words. Doing something is very important rather than seeing, hearing as Jayne told us at first time. Basketball
Back to top Go down

Sarah's reflection
Page 1 of 1