Classroom English 2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Classroom English 2

Instructor: Jayne Crawford

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Reflection on the Lessons of 29th-Ellen

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Ellen

Ellen

Reflection on the Lessons of 29th-Ellen Empty
PostSubject: Reflection on the Lessons of 29th-Ellen   Reflection on the Lessons of 29th-Ellen EmptyFri Jun 04, 2010 1:36 pm

Chris:
I like her lively and adorable voice. Her voice has something familiar and exciting which is enough to attract students' attention. Her activities of
finger play with a song and chant were quite exciting to follow and I am sure the 1st-2nd graders will be happy to do it together with T. The book
making including the process of folding, cutting and writing was also interesting. This activity will be of help to improve the students' reading &
writing kills and it's also good for the follow-up/review through the writing homework after class.

Amy:
The alphabet song with motion was very intersting and exciting. And also it would be very helpful to teach students phonics without stress. I think, it
would be much effective if the T pointed out some specific features of the alphabet song and motions beforehand so that the kids can easily follow
the song, otherwise it would be a little difficult to follow the teacher for the song. The teacher talks were quite interesting and impressive but it
would have been much better if she said louder, clearly, and more slowly. Other than that all the activities were interesting and effective for the
writing class for 5yr old kids.

Ellen:
I had been thought that the key word of 'ATTRACTION' would be a little bit difficult for the 3rd-4th graders, so I tried to make the lesson as easy &
interesting as possible using the visual aids. I tried to teach the meaning of the word indirectly among the related contexts not informing to the
students directly. As the class activity was about the writing not about vocabulary/grammar, I tried to provide conprehensible input as much as
possible. I was sorry that I could not give out some articles which includes related vocabularies and sentences due to the time constraint. If T/Ss or
Ss/Ss can have more time to discuss about the topic with related articles, it would be much nicer and effective- and it can be a good content-based
teaching. I'll try this sort of lesson afterwards. Finally I think I should have been more confident when I said rather than being shy!
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Reflection on the Lessons of 29th-Ellen Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reflection on the Lessons of 29th-Ellen   Reflection on the Lessons of 29th-Ellen EmptyThu Jun 10, 2010 7:00 pm

Hi Ellen,

I think you did a great job with your lesson, and I also get much more nervous in front of my peers rather than teaching with my students. You did fine, so don't worry! Your way of introduction the new vocabulary word was great, and sometimes students might know different forms of the word (example attractive) so you could also use that to compare with attraction.

See you on Saturday!
Back to top Go down
https://tesol.forumotion.com

Reflection on the Lessons of 29th-Ellen
Page 1 of 1