Classroom English 2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Classroom English 2

Instructor: Jayne Crawford

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Ellen's reflection

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Ellen

Ellen

Ellen's reflection Empty
PostSubject: Ellen's reflection   Ellen's reflection EmptyTue May 11, 2010 7:03 pm

1. Soyeon
I think that her activities were well matched with her rationale and objectives. Her programmes had a good flow enough to draw students' attention and also the activites were well prepared with diverse materials. The tone and manner of her talk was clear with proper speed for the 3rd grade students. Especially she used easy and short sentences for the target students, which is very important to catch their attention and interest. She introduced quite exciting activites using shopping bag and cart, but I thought it would be much nicer if she could have mixed with some competing games and songs with dance for fun!

2. Becky
She had very good warm-up programmes which could duly prepare students for the main activities. Her diverse face expression and lively tone of her talk was also impressive, but I thought it was a little bit fast for her target students(6-7yrs Ss). Her programmes were perfectly matched with her objectives of understanding of 'body move' & 'animal action'. I thought, however, if would be much better if she could have introduced the verbs which were matched with each body part! Then the students would have been exposed to diverse vocabularies about body!

3. Sarah
Overall her lesson was professional, I think. Her objectives which were 'understanding of the process of making caterpillar through listening' was succesfully achieved by her well organized activities and the good tone & manner of her talk which was excellent! She was leading students for the craft smoothly with proper preparation and individual cares that would be one of the most important factors to make the craft class a success. We all know that the craft classes easily go into mess, but she controled it! I've also noticed that she kept talking students explaining about the caterpillar while the students made the craft and thought that would help students remind/memorize the relevant words and expressions. I will keep this in mind!

4. Shanon
The tone and manner of her talk was perfect. She tunded her voice and tones for her target students, that was impressive to me. Her story and picture was fun and exciting enough to draw all the students' attention. I'm sure she noticed our eyes twinklling with curiosity and expectation when we heard of her monster story!- Oh, well, I almost memorized her description of the monster 'KUKU'! I was deeply impressed by this fact thinking how easy to get students attention and to achieve the goal with funny stories and pictures - Oh, well, it is one of the most difficult jobs to have students attention in class! I'll definitely use this programmes & activites when I have a chance.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Ellen's reflection Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ellen's reflection   Ellen's reflection EmptyFri May 28, 2010 5:57 pm

Ellen,
Glad you will use some (all) of these activities in your classes one day. Its very helpful to watch your classmates teach and learn different ideas from them and adapt according to your lesson and class.
Back to top Go down
https://tesol.forumotion.com

Ellen's reflection
Page 1 of 1