Classroom English 2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Classroom English 2

Instructor: Jayne Crawford

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Becky's reflection

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Becky

Becky

Becky's reflection Empty
PostSubject: Becky's reflection   Becky's reflection EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 9:06 am

Julie

Target level: 4 to 5 graders

On Julies class I felt that the PPT file is very well made. This helped students to visualize the words go up, go straight, go back, turn right and turn left using direction game. I would use it if I have a chance to teach about direction. And through the Actual sending game a person stand in front of the class to send another person at a place- t was effective too. So in her rationale learning related expressions was well accomplished, I think. And if students are exercising this activity through her homework, making own directions to go to a supermarket, they will be able to learn to read and express direction information.

Eileen

Target level: 6 to 7 years old, beginners

I liked to learn expressions with animals and movements. And I think students will love this story for they like animals as well as making animal actions. But I felt the time was a bit tight to do what she prepared for class. I hoped to use the microphone that she prepared! J I think, children will be able to read words, phrases and sentences easily if they repeat to listen to this song and storytelling. And the dice game helped a lot to get childrens attention to see and distinguish the flash cards, which helps students to read. By doing activities as reading stories with music, drawing mind map, making sentences with spinning the dice and so on, she accomplished her rationale helping children to read.

Jane

Target level: 12 to 13 years old

Her game was very interesting! I couldnt help to love her game. She helped students to read many job related words and helped guess what the job is. And also guided students to make many of sentences with jobs. Using a quiz game to read was very effective! She accomplished her rationale very well.

Joanne

Target level: 5 to 7 years old

I liked to learn about the storybook by her interesting puppet show. It was really catchy work, which will be beloved in young learners class. She accomplished her rationale by helping students to listen to her telling stories. And the ‘reading’ part, Joanne tried to help students to read related words with some of flash cards. I think repeating to read flash cards or giving other sources to read will a lot helpful for young learners to read words and sentences. Good Job, You!!! Joanne~~!

Yumi

Target level: 5 to 7 years old.

I know those bear characters are very beloved by young children. I liked the story and the colorful pictures, too. There were lots of relative characters, which helped students to know the name of the relatives as well as the motion they make. But the thing is the story was a bit complicated even for me. Remembering all the works the relative bears did was a little bit hard for me. But, Yumi did a good job to help children to have a chance to listen to the names of the relatives with fun story. I think the half of the rationale, which is about listening to the telling story was accomplished. And another half, reading, would be accomplished when the students get a chance to read this story for more times, and they will be able to know idioms and read them by using flash cards or other materials, too. Good job, Yu mi!!

Polly

Target level: 5 to 7 years old.

I liked the way she used that reading the story at the first time, and then giving the story with puppet show. Which helped students to memorize the repeating key expressions Small, Smaller, (the) Smallest and Big, Bigger, (the) Biggest effectively. She accomplished her rationale very well by reading and telling the story with showing the letters ‘A’s and ‘B’s while students are listening to the fun story.

Linda

Target level: 4 graders

I liked making books for my own using stickers! And writing the key words to make imperative in the blank was fun too! I would use this storybook if I have a chance to teach, and I would add a group work or a role-play to use expressions in it, which will help children to understand these expressions. And using songs to memorize the book or any of other funny reading activities will be helpful to acquire expressions, I think. Anyway it was a writing unit, her rationale about writing has been accomplished during making and filling in a blank on the book. But the speaking and listening parts will be reinforced if we use those group works or role-play using this material. It was a very fun time to learn about attitudes!
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Becky's reflection Empty
PostSubject: Re: Becky's reflection   Becky's reflection EmptyMon Jun 28, 2010 11:32 am

Hello Becky!

Thank-you for your overall comments and participation in this class. Your comments on this forum have always been very informative, and I can tell you spent a lot of time thinking and reflecting on each person's lesson. cheers

It was a pleasure to teach you and good luck in your future teaching English! I hope you found this class useful and learning from others practical and resourceful.

Jayne
Back to top Go down
https://tesol.forumotion.com

Becky's reflection
Page 1 of 1