Classroom English 2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Classroom English 2

Instructor: Jayne Crawford

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Shannon's reflection

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Shannon

Shannon

Shannon's reflection Empty
PostSubject: Shannon's reflection   Shannon's reflection EmptySun Jun 20, 2010 11:52 pm

Julie (Reading and English)

How fantastic materials you made~ Envy you~Julie! She prepared well for exactly 4-5 grade of elementary school students, finding out expressions and sentences using the direction. She showed some previous activity, learning expression, Go up, Go down, Go straight, Go back, Turn right and Turn left. Children might have key expressions and vocabularies before main activity. She gave the opportunity to children to join the activity, and children might concentrate on the lesson. She showed some quizzes and homework, made children to be sure about her lesson goal, how to use expressions and sentences through finding out direction. Good job~!

Eileen (Reading and English)

Upper beginners of 6-7 years old students will love her interesting lesson. She interacted with children using the previous song with some motions, running, walking, hiding and so on. She prepared well the flash cards, the animals and acting related to the animals, it might be easier to understand the lesson. Also she taught the sentence using flash cards, ‘I learn to nap from my friend the crocodile.’ I liked her spinner dice, children will love spin it~! Children will never forget that what teacher taught about through the following up, paper work, ‘A good match’.

Jane (Reading and English)

I loved the game she prepared~! I am sure that 6th grade of elementary school students will love this same as I do. She checked her students’ background knowledge, name of jobs before starting the main, pilot, nurse, teacher, doctor and so on. Also she made sure that her students to practice the sentences, ‘Does your mother have a job?’ and ‘Yes, she does. She is a cook.’ It was helped students to understand the ‘Bomb Game.’ Every student who got different personalities, shy or aggressive could join this, and become one. I did not feel that I am learning English, I felt really fun with your lesson.

Joanne (Reading and Telling stories)

Her students who are 5-7 years old will love this cute and lovely story~ What a great materials you made, I envy you to have the good talent! She introduced her children some key words foods, caterpillar and butterfly for better understanding the story. I was very interested in the expression, ‘Good job me!’ touching their own body. It may gains children’s self-confidence especially to children who are passive. She also showed the song related to the story, food, and made children to be sure about the food and what today’s lesson. I am fully satisfied your story~

Yumi (Reading and Telling stories)

Very young learners will love her story. Children will learn from you about vocabularies, complex sentences, also improve comprehension through the story telling. She chose the familiar story that everyone loves, especially my daughter does. She used the PPT file with some movements, fish, drum, plum and so on. It was good to show them vocabularies and memorize those effectively using exciting materials. She made children to attract to the lesson. The following up activity, ‘Making family tree’ would be helped to be sure about the story.

Polly (Reading and Telling stories)

Actually, I have met this book in the library, and I thought it might be hard to make understand the story for my 5 years old daughter. However, when I saw the Polly’s lesson, I changed my mind that it could be having fun with very young learner through it. I am impacted from her lesson goal, difference between telling and reading a story. She showed the cover page first and let children tell the keywords what they see. She read the half of the story using the book, and then told the rest of the story using materials she made. I loved telling the story using the materials. She was very witty to explain infinitive, comparative and superlative using the materials, net, hole and fish, and ‘Big-Bigger-Biggest’ using letter ‘B’ and ‘Small-Smaller-Smallest’ with letter ‘S’. I hope to use your lesson to my daughter, I am sure she will love it!

Linda (Reading and Telling stories)

She prepared the instructive lesson for 4th grade of elementary school students. Students start to make friends in the society, ‘school’ and learn how to be good in the class with them. She sang the previous song what we should not do in the classroom, and students learned the etiquettes easily through it. She chose the storybook, ‘How to lose all your friends’ showing negative words to lose friends. However, her students made their own book with the positive ways to get friends. They learn how to get all my friends through exciting activity. It could be helped that children concentrate on the story and learn the manners naturally. They also could bring the small book they made anywhere, and read it anytime outside the classroom.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Shannon's reflection Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shannon's reflection   Shannon's reflection EmptyMon Jun 28, 2010 6:16 pm

Hello Shannon!

Thank-you for your overall comments and participation in this class. It was a pleasure to teach you and good luck in your future teaching English! I hope you found this class useful and learning from others practical and resourceful.

Jayne
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://tesol.forumotion.com

Shannon's reflection
Page 1 of 1