Classroom English 2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Classroom English 2

Instructor: Jayne Crawford

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Rachel Kim's reflection.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
soomin Kim

soomin Kim

Rachel Kim's reflection. Empty
PostSubject: Rachel Kim's reflection.   Rachel Kim's reflection. EmptySat Jun 26, 2010 11:52 am

1. Julie
Her rationale is that students explain when children can read, they can use the printed word as an alternative source of English. So I want children to learn and feel fun & happy through using English tips. She wanted students have fun and encouragement. And her target age is eleven years old. Her greeting was very cute, and good for students. Before entering the main lesson, she reviewed last class. Especially, I was impressed by her various activities. She explained some directions with power point. She prepared a song, and she lets students sing a song together. The melody was normal, which means it is easy to follow. And I think she prepared a lot of activities. I am sure she must have spent her time making activities.
2. Elleen
Her rationale is that this chapter explains the way the teacher lead the children to move from spoken language to written language. Students learn to match sounds and letter and identify individual sounds in a word (initial, final, and medial sounds). Her target age is six to seven. She prepared a song and reading book with audio and power point, and I think she prepared nice pictures, too. Also, She prepared some activities with word cards, which enable students arrange the sentences with picture. She prepared spinner dice. Her activities are very interesting, because it was colorful, and make students eager to enjoy them by giving some presents.
3. Jane
Her rationale is that. This chapter explains how to use reading activities that focus on meaning and support pupils as they move from spoken to written language. She chose the following activities - bomb game to focus on meaning, word recognition and connection between familiar sounds and written words or phrases. She prepared some word cards, and let students know about various jobs. She prepared bomb game, so we made some groups by 4 people. She gave students each number. Her game was really interesting because we can get point by our doing, and even we can steal points from other teams! She gave each group some hints, and make students know the answer. I think scramble sentence is most difficult. I think the game was really exciting.
4. Joanne
She thinks that stories are the most valuable resource for young learners. She focuses on how to get their attention and I want them to make fun while listening the story. She introduces some foods with flash cards. She prepared songs which are very easy with some gesture. I think her gestures are very interesting, and appealing. She prepared a story, a very hungry caterpillar, and she prepared some stories, which were very interesting. I am sure that she must have prepared a log of things to make materials. I think her materials were very colorful, and they were enough good to attract students' attention.
5. Yumi
Her rational is young learners(5-7years) acquire language unconsciously. Specially, storytelling exposes them naturally to language. They can build their reading abilities. She prepared "Bear's busy family" story. She introduced students bear's family, and she explained where they went, what they were doing. And she made students follow the stories, and let students read the story together. She prepared some cards, and make students participate in her class. I think she must have spent a lot of time to make power point, and some materials. I wish I had her materials, too. I think I should have very colorful materials to make students focus on my class, I really think it is good to attract students' attention.

6. Polly
Her rational is this chapter is about how to tell and read stories for learners. There is a difference between telling and reading story. She wish students have enjoyable time. She prepared a book and some materials, and she made students participate in her class by repeating her story. Her class was really powerful. There were a lot of fish, which are very familiar with children. And she prepared some chant with body gesture.

7. Linda
This lesson is called "Don't do that". Children can listen, speak, read, and write about the imperative sentences. She has prepared writing class for learning imperative sentences. Also, I'd like to use storybook for this class. She prepared very interesting chant and song. After that, she prepared two piece of paper, and she let students cut them properly, and students made a book by using stapler and sticker. I am sure young students really like to do activities by using some stickers. I know she must have spent a lot of time preparing some materials.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Rachel Kim's reflection. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rachel Kim's reflection.   Rachel Kim's reflection. EmptyMon Jun 28, 2010 6:20 pm

Hello Rachel!

Thank-you for your overall comments and participation in this class. It was a pleasure to teach you and good luck in your future teaching English! I hope you found this class useful and learning from others practical and resourceful.

Jayne
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://tesol.forumotion.com

Rachel Kim's reflection.
Page 1 of 1