Classroom English 2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Classroom English 2

Instructor: Jayne Crawford

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Cindy's reflection

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Park Minjeong

Cindy's reflection Empty
PostSubject: Cindy's reflection   Cindy's reflection EmptyWed Jun 23, 2010 10:17 am

1. Julie
Your lesson was about directions.
In my experience, many students have some trouble with directions. Especially, they find it difficult to find a way with the map.
Your animated ppt with map was very impressive work. It will surely attract students’ attention and help them to learn directions with fun.
In addition that, you repeated the related expressions and let some students find a way following teacher’s instruction.
That kind of TPR technique is very useful for learning language, I think.
Through those activites, you accomplished your rationale really well.

I also like your cute bus stuff which is moving 4 directions. When I teach directions, I would like to use interesting ppt and materials like yours.
Give some tips to make them~^^

2. Eileen
You chose the great book “my friend” to lead the children to move from spoken language to written language.
It was an excellent choice for younger children.
For brainstorming, you used the mind map. I think it is very good idea for warming up.
You sang a song with motion, which might help students understand verbs.
Your key expression “I learned to from my friend the ____.” seemed to be little bit difficult for 6or 7years old,
however, considering it was 3rd lesson in the topic, they mighty learn without difficulty after many practices.
With those various activities, you accomplished your rationale very well.

I also like your spinner dice. It is useful to get attention from students and make them participate in the activity.
I would like to make one some day~^^

3. Jane
Your lesson was very well organized.
You chose the bomb for your lesson goal.
Your direction of game was very clear and task was quite challenging yet manageable
as you used mixed scramble of letters and guessing game with some clue words.
Enjoying the game, students pay attention to the written language to solve the problem and review the sentences.
Through the well planned game, you accomplished your rationale
that focus on meaning, word recognition and connection between familiar sounds and written words or phrases perfectly, I think.

It was really fun and useful game
I ‘m sure that students will like this game because of its unpredictable result!!

4. Joanne
I agree with your opinion that stories are the most valuable resource for young learners.
While listening to the story with fantastic hand made materials, children surely pay attention to the story and have fun.
It is possible only because you are a really good story teller.
You have ability to get rid of student’s anxiety. I enjoyed your song and chant and positive feedback (ex) good job me~^^.
Through those activities , you accomplished your goal to get students’ attention and make them have fun.
If you put more focus on intonation and pronunciation while listening, you’ll accomplish your rationale perfectly

I want to be a good story teller like you. I envy you~~

5. Yumi
Your lesson flow was very stable and smooth.
Before reading a book, you looked through the book focusing on pictures.
It was very good warm up for students, which helps students pay attention to the story and arises their interests.
While listening to the book children will learn the words related to family members and the five sense verbs.
The most impressive point was the realistic sound. It really helped students understand the meaning and pay attention to the story expecting what sound will come next.
For me, the bears’ appearances were little bit confused. Thus, it hindered understanding and matching the words.
However, through the overall lesson, you accomplished your rationale to teach the relations among family members and the five sense verbs (smell, touch, hearing, sight, taste).

6. Polly
I didn’t know the difference between reading and telling story before you mentioned it.
I could realize it after your lesson. The point was on teacher’s intonation.
In my experience, I learned comparative forms by mere repetition and memorization. It was boring, difficult and forgettable.
If I use the book to teach comparative forms like you, my students will learn them with fun.
Your materials made story more interesting and enjoyable. Your comparative lesson will be stored in long term memory.
You accomplished your rationale to tell the story and read the story at the same time with some materials very well.

If I chance to teach comparative forms I would like to use your tips~^^

7. Linda
Through your lesson, students can learn imperative sentences while making a book.
Making a book is fun and hard work as well for students. Thanks to your printed pictures on label paper, the making time was more amusing.
Your choice of book was excellent. I like to buy one copy ,“How to lose all your friends” for my daughter.
For teenagers, the center of the world seems to be their friend not their mom any more.
The content was very good and authentic. It will give time for students to think about friendship and themselves as well as learning of language.
To fill the blanks, students should read the book carefully, and find out
the negative forms by themselves. It is very effective strategy for their learning.
Through those activity, you accomplished your rationale very well.
As text is authentic, the words are little bit unfamiliar to me. With short explanation of words, your lesson will be even more perfect.

Even this moment, I’m humming the song , “ Don’t do that!” you sang in your lesson. I really like the song.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Cindy's reflection Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cindy's reflection   Cindy's reflection EmptyMon Jun 28, 2010 5:53 pm

Hello Cindy!

Thank-you for your overall comments and participation in this class. By reading your comments, I can see you have learned a lot and will use these ideas in your own classroom.

It was a pleasure to teach you and good luck in your future teaching English! I hope you found this class useful and learning from others practical and resourceful.

Jayne
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://tesol.forumotion.com

Cindy's reflection
Page 1 of 1