Classroom English 2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Classroom English 2

Instructor: Jayne Crawford

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Chris's reflection

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
chris

Chris's reflection Empty
PostSubject: Chris's reflection   Chris's reflection EmptyMon Jun 21, 2010 4:32 pm

Chapter 6 Reading
-Julie
Your preparation for the class was good. Students will love your class finding directions. Teaching material a bus moves up and down was clear to understand direction, I’m sure. You taught reading English. While trying to find directions fast during game, they can practice reading. I liked that game. You planned well.
-Eileen
You chose "My friends" by Gomi, Taro. It is a good book to learn repeated phrases "I learned to _____ from my friend _____". Singing a story song is a way to speak and memorize the story, especially for your target students. So singing a song was good. During pattern drill, like your spinning dice, students can improve their reading well.
-Jane
Your class was impressive. It is perfectly matched the rational of your class, "reading English". They can practice reading during funny game. It was very interesting and you made students do it together so I'm sure they won't feel any stress in the classroom and all the students will be able to enjoy the class. I would like to use that game.
-Joanne
Your storytelling was interesting. Singing with motion before the class is always make children concentrate on the class. You sang a good song to make children be ready to learn. It is always hard to make teaching materials. You made a good material to tell a story. “The very hungry caterpillar” is a very famous book. You showed your own storytelling with a good material. Storytelling is always fun, like you said.
-Yumi
Showing a PPT file is a good way to storytelling because the book is always small so students in the back are hardly to see the book. You made a good PPT using with sound effects. I’m sure it makes children love the story. The family tree activity you did can make children know family members and the verb as well
-Polly
Your picture walking was good. Giving information about book before reading is very important. It makes children understand a book and concentrate it. Your target students is your learners, so your “big bigger biggest, small smaller smallest” song was very good, because it gives children prior knowledge to understand a book well. You showed what is reading and telling with nice materials. It seems to be very close to summit of great storyteller.
-Linda
First of all, the book you chose was funny. It has interesting contents and was good to practice imperative sentences. Also, you sang a song “Don’t do that”, children can understand what is a imperative sentence before the class while singing. I was surprise because you made a book exactly same I did in the writing English, but you used stickers most favored thing among children, I liked it. They can practice writing and how to make imperative sentences as well.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Chris's reflection Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chris's reflection   Chris's reflection EmptyMon Jun 28, 2010 11:29 am

Hello Chris!

Thank-you for your overall comments and participation in this class. Your comments on this forum have always been very informative. cheers

It was a pleasure to teach you and good luck in your future teaching English! I hope you found this class useful and learning from others practical and resourceful.

Jayne
Back to top Go down
https://tesol.forumotion.com

Chris's reflection
Page 1 of 1