Classroom English 2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Classroom English 2

Instructor: Jayne Crawford

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Joann's Reflection

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Joann

Joann

Joann's Reflection Empty
PostSubject: Joann's Reflection   Joann's Reflection EmptySun Jun 20, 2010 11:45 am

1. Julie (chapter 6 , Reading in English)
She using the PPT and materials for her class. The target words are "go up for 1 block, turn right and go up for one block" like this direction map. I like among her class, how to finding out the way using the PPT.
It was so exciting and I didnt feel any stress when I read the target sentences.
Also I was concentrated on find out final destination at a map.
During the class, I decided I must study about PPT skills. It was good motivation class for me.
She did well accomplished the her rationale.

2. Ellen (chapter 6, Reading in Enlgish)
The storybook was "My friends". The target sentence was " I learned to _____ from my friend _____.
I think that this sentence is difficult to memorize for younger learnes. But they like repepition and TPR. So I have an opinion about this class, If I were you, I should teach verbs(hop, jump, walk), I want to make them hop, jump, walk like movements.
I know she to focus on reading in english, that's why you didn't it.
Especially spinner dice was so impressed to me. I never seen before. I will make the spinner dice someday.
Good to know. She did well accomplished the her rationale.

3. Jane (chapter 6, Reading in Enlgish)
She did bomb game to focus on meaning, word recognition and connection between familiar sounds and written words or phrases.
The target sentence was about the job. "Does your mother work?, Yes she does. She is a cook. What does your father?, My father is a pilot." During the bomb game, we could say ythose sentensces spontaneosly. It was the first time play the bomb game. It was so attractive to me!! The most important thing is if it was not group game and only individual game, I think the Ss get some stress. It was group work, so they have to cooperate with others.
She made great bomb game. When I played game, I thought she had a hard time during the made bomb game.
I'm so touched her efforts. That's why she is a very good teacher. She did well accomplished the her rationale.

4. Joann (chapter 8, Reading & Telling stories)
I think that I have to make the younger learners fun during the my class in the kingergarten.
But, it doesn't make me stress. Also I feel happy too.
Young learners easily lose pay attention. So I always observe what's their feelings.
I prepared flash cards, puppets and songs. Also I think "chant" is very useful get their pay attention.
Anyway, I did good job!! Good job me!!

5. Yumi (chapter 8, Reading & Telling stories)
Her class was about the relations among family members and the five sense verbs (smell, touch, hearing, sight, taste) through the bears' activities.
I had great time by preseting the big picture during the class. Also I could hear many kind of sounds and song.
I don't have to chance to teach using the PPT. Good to know.
I really appreciate to her , she lets me know how to tell the story using the ppt.
I must do it in my class. Could you teach me!!! Please~~

6. Polly (chapter 8, Reading & Telling stories)
Her target expression was "big, bigger, biggest, small, smaller, smallest".
She did tell the story and read the story at the same time with materials.
She introduced using the different colors of fishes , big, bigger and biggest, small, smaller, smallest.
It made us easilly understand what's differents.
I most liked parts was she did picture walk with book. Her intonation patterns are various and it could pay attention while reading the book.
"Chant" was also good way to teach english , it reminded what did we learn today.
Also, I felt that different between telling and reading a story. Thanks a lot~

7. Linda (Chapter 2, Writing).
Her class was focus on opposite words about imperative sentences.
The interesting thing was she did use storybook. I'm sure it makes Ss easily get their attention.
The storybook was" How to lose all your friends." The theme is very important for 4th grade.
I'm sure, during the class, the Ss think about their friendship with others. I have a same thinkinglike her, Ss are in important period with classmates. So, she chose well the theme and to make their own book activities for Ss.
I like the song,"Don't do that". She did well accomplished the her rationale.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Joann's Reflection Empty
PostSubject: Re: Joann's Reflection   Joann's Reflection EmptyMon Jun 28, 2010 10:42 am

Hello Joann!

Thank-you for your overall comments and participation in this class. I love that expression "Good job me!" cheers You are a dynamic and enthusiastic teacher, and I can tell you love to teach.

It was a pleasure to teach you and good luck in your future teaching English! I hope you found this class useful and learning from others practical and resourceful.

Jayne
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://tesol.forumotion.com

Joann's Reflection
Page 1 of 1