Classroom English 2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Classroom English 2

Instructor: Jayne Crawford

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Sarah's reflection

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Sarah

Sarah

Sarah's reflection Empty
PostSubject: Sarah's reflection   Sarah's reflection EmptySat Jun 19, 2010 7:47 pm

( Reading in English )

1. Julie

This lesson was very useful to teach how to find out the way, I think. Teacher taught directions by using ppt file as well as materials that made herselves. Actually, a few weeks ago, I taught same topic in my English class. I compared it to my lesson, I found out this method would be effective to teach find out destination at a map. Especially, I love the teaching materials. At first, teacher taught the expressions like go up, go down, go straight, turn right by presenting PPT. After that she practiced these expressions by sing a song by and showing that teaching materials. In addition to, one of student came up the front of the class and by doing so lilke teacher. That'a another good method, I believe. Next chance I teach direction, I will use that kind of teaching materials.

2. Eillen

One of the impressive activity in this lesson was that using the expression such as " I learned to ( ) from my friend the ( ) . By doing this, teacher tried to teach both the name's of animals and matching word that related to exact animal. Moreover, teaching material named spinner dice was very useful thing to practice target language as well as to participate many students the practice of the expression. Especially, teacher tried to lead the children to move from spoken language to written language . For this, teacher do many activities related to the toopic. They were all great. Another good activity to review the lesson was worksheet that matching pictures related the sentence. Someday, I would to teach this toopic to my student by using spinnner dice.

3. Jane

Jane's lesson for 6th grade student was prerfect, I believe. Whole course of this lesson was so well oragnized that students can understand easily. Also, bomb game could make students participate and enjoy the lesson. When I teach my student in English class by using this kind of bomb game, I normally devided them two groups like boys and girls. I realized that making small group thatn contains 3-4 students can make good result. Another strong point in this lesson was that teacher gave a number to each member of the group that can make the class well organized as well as proceed naturally.

( Reading and Telling Stories )

4. Joanne

Teacher introduced 3 motions with some songs that related weather, day, word of open and shut. It could be easy to participate studnets the class through these activities. Teacher tried to focus on how to get children's attention by telling the funny story that named hungry caterpillar. For this, teacher introduced some foods with flash cards that can help children understand easily, I think. The most impressive activity was telling story while doing motions. I would like to learn how to tell story cheerful from her.

5. Yumi

Through this lesson, children will learn the relations among family members and the five sense verbs like smell, touch, hearing, sight, taste, I believe. The unique sound with picture can make student's attention fully. By presenting the big picture during the whole class can make draw on children's attention as well. Another important thing is that teacher spoke in a steady , even voice that could make this lesson successful.

6. Polly

I realized the difference of telling and reading a story through this lesson. That is , teacher's qualification about telling a story. Teacher has so good skill telling a story that can enough to draw the to the class . And also, teacher use the teaching materials by telling the story that can help children enjoy the class, I think. This lesson was so impressive to me. I would like to learn how to tell a story, surely.

( Writing )

7. Linda

Children can learn 4 skills through this lesson. I realized that teacher prepared too hard. The teaching materials teacher gave us were so interesting that can help students focus on the topic by making the book. The content of this lesson was also intersting, too that can help 4th grade students study, as well. Another good thing was that teacher taught opposite word by explaining the story. By writing opposite word in the blank, student s will learn writing skill. I would like to adapt making book to my class. Razz
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Sarah's reflection Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sarah's reflection   Sarah's reflection EmptyMon Jun 28, 2010 12:08 pm

Hello Sarah!

Thank-you for your overall comments and participation in this class. By reading your comments, I can see you have learned a lot and reflected on your own lessons in your own classroom. cheers

It was a pleasure to teach you and good luck in your future teaching English! I hope you found this class useful and learning from others practical and resourceful.

Jayne
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://tesol.forumotion.com

Sarah's reflection
Page 1 of 1