Classroom English 2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Classroom English 2

Instructor: Jayne Crawford

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Lynn's reflection

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Lynn

Lynn

Lynn's reflection Empty
PostSubject: Lynn's reflection   Lynn's reflection EmptyWed Jun 23, 2010 8:57 am

1. Julie (Reading in English)
The activity that you used for the class was related to the main topic very well and it also was fun. It was very good idea to use ppt file and it made people pay attention to the class. Telling directions can be quite difficult to the students but you did a great job to make students understand it easily through this fun activity. Students might feel more comfortable to tell the directions now. Giving them homework at the end also can make students to remember the lesson for a longer time.^^

2. Eileen (Reading in English)
It was a good start to sing the story song together. It helps to make students get interest on the class and also they can think what today’s lesson is. When even you asked questions about the story students could find answers easily by using ppt file. Especially, I like the spinner dice that you made. It will be really useful to make students pay attention to the lesson because they love to spin the dice and they can learn the main sentences naturally at the same time. Doing the worksheet at the end are also helpful to check students if they all understood the lesson. Good job, Eileen!

3. Jane (Reading in English)
Your lesson was very impressive. I never had “Bomb game” before and it was really fun. I could feel that I really wanted to win this game while I was playing it even though I’m an adult. This will make students to compete each other and they will try to say the answers to be the winners. The questions are not just about words so they can learn more phrases or sentences as well as vocabularies. It’ll be a very good game for everyone, even to the students who rarely speak in the class because they can get the point only when every member in a same group says the answer together.

4. Joann (Reading & Telling Stories)
Your storytelling was great and also very fun. You showed the flashcards with the words in the story before you started to tell the story, and it was a good introduction to make students understand the story better. Some teachers just show the storybook to the students and read the sentences turning pages and I can see it makes students feel very board and not to pay attention to the class. You used many kinds of materials from the story and it was very helpful to make people pay attention to the story. Also students can imagine what’s going to happen next through teacher’s vivid description.

5. Yumi (Reading & Telling Stories)
It was good to talk about the cover page of storybook at the beginning of the class. It makes students to imagine what the story is about. And also, you asked questions about the picture in each page before you read the main story and it helped students to understand the story better. It was quite fun to explain some words by showing the pictures or hearing the real sound. Some activities that you did at the end were also helpful to chick if students remember the story.

6. Polly (Reading & Telling Stories)
It was very good to explain some vocabularies in the storybook before you read the main story and this can make students understand the story when they listen to the whole story later. All the materials that you prepared looked very nice and it could make the story more realistic. You closed the book when you read some beginning part of storybook and started to tell the story with various materials. It was a good idea not to read the whole story from the first page to the last of the book and the students could have more fun and enjoy the story. And students start to say the recursive words while you were telling the story, and it means students are all paying attention to the class. It was very interesting, Polly!

7. Linda (Writing in English)
I think this was a very proper topic to the students in 4th grade. It’s sometimes very difficult to discipline students about their bad behaviors, and this will be a good way to teach them what you should and shouldn’t by using songs or storybooks. Students can learn some vocabularies and expressions as well. Making storybook using stickers is amazing, too. It would be much harder if they had to make the storybook by drawing pictures but students could have a lot of fun by putting the stickers on it. And also, I like your idea to change the main title to ‘how to GET all your friends’ from the original title ‘how to lose all your friends’. I think it will be helpful to make students remember it better through changing the words by themselves.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Lynn's reflection Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lynn's reflection   Lynn's reflection EmptyMon Jun 28, 2010 11:30 am

Hello Lynn!

Thank-you for your overall comments and participation in this class. Your comments on this forum have always been very informative, and I can tell you spent a lot of time thinking and reflecting on each person's lesson. cheers

It was a pleasure to teach you and good luck in your future teaching English! I hope you found this class useful and learning from others practical and resourceful.

Jayne
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://tesol.forumotion.com
Lynn

Lynn

Lynn's reflection Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lynn's reflection   Lynn's reflection EmptyTue Jun 29, 2010 5:39 am

I had a great time with you and of course I learned a lot from many people in this class.

Thank you very much^^
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Lynn's reflection Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lynn's reflection   Lynn's reflection Empty

Back to top Go down

Lynn's reflection
Page 1 of 1