Classroom English 2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Classroom English 2

Instructor: Jayne Crawford

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Ellen's reflection re.12th June

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Ellen

Ellen

Ellen's reflection re.12th June Empty
PostSubject: Ellen's reflection re.12th June   Ellen's reflection re.12th June EmptyTue Jun 15, 2010 7:10 pm

#CINDY
She wanted to introduce new vocabularies about animals with various materials and activities and to make children use the related speaking phrases in real contexts. Her goal was successfully achieved I think. I was impressive her effort put into making the materials for the lesson. It is always very important for teachers to plan and prepare for the lesson beforehand. One thing I would like to suggest is that it would be interesting and useful if she can provide some related expressions and words in addition to the basic dialogue patterns.

#CHO
She wanted to teach authentic sentences to make students use them in their real life with various materials. When I had seen her materials for her lesson, I knew that her lesson would be successful with no doubt. Of course her goal was achieved through the very well-organized flow of lesson, but she gave the students more than the basic contents. Her pictures and cards were eyecatching enough to gave us a lot of fun and excitement. I want to applaud for her enthusiasm as a teacher.

#SOMI
She wanted to deliver her speaking lesson mainly through songs/chants and rhymes. Her songs and chant were good to learn new vocabularies about animals. Especially the song with motion was good-the speed was reasonable and easy to follow. Her ppt slides were also impressive. Those were simple but clear and fun- I am sure young children will like it. The speed and tone of her talk was also nice for the target student. But I think, the pattern drill with sentences was a little bit difficult for young kids, so I think just words practice would be enough for the target.

#TRISHA
She provided nice visuals/topics for adult students to talk each other which is very important for making students to avoid lack of communication topics. It would be better if she gave us some time for group discussion with the topic. The passing ball game mixed with the guessing game was reasonable complicated for adult students for more communicative competence. Maybe it would be helpful if the teacher suggests some example dialogues for students' aids.

#RACHAEL
She prepared an activity of coloring a sheet and explain about it. The idea was good to have fun and speak freely without concern, but because of it's pair work, the teacher should properly intervene in their work not to lose the control. The question & guessing game of 'What is it?' was good for speaking out and also the gift was a good anticipation of reward!

#LYNN
She wanted to help students to speak fluently fostering their imagination to stimulate their speaking out. Her lesson was a fun and exciting with nice and new style of game(guessing avoid the taboo words-) It would be much better if the class has a round-table setting to talk more freely facing each other. Her activities were most helpful to improve fluency in speaking I think. It would be good if the students could be provided some feedback on their speaking from the teacher with some key expressions in class.

#JUDY
She wanted to let children making things without speaking English at first as the listening is the first step before speaking. Her activities were nice to reach the goal and her materials were useful to aid her teaching. The idea of color shape cards was good, but it would be better in pair work for more active participation. Anyway I think it was nice listening practice. The color clay activity was interesting. Most of all kids like this color clay, but there needs something to control the students while the teacher makes shapes-maybe let the children bring their own clay to make shapes themselves.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Ellen's reflection re.12th June Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ellen's reflection re.12th June   Ellen's reflection re.12th June EmptyFri Jun 18, 2010 9:02 pm

Ellen,

I want to commend you on your comments. You are one of a few students that actually made suggestions that would help improve the lesson. I'm glad you did this, because suggestions are not negative (as many people seem to think), but just a way to improve, or do things a bit differently. Even just to try it another way!

Also ALL your comments related to each student's rationale, which seemed difficult for the class. Way to go!!
Back to top Go down
https://tesol.forumotion.com

Ellen's reflection re.12th June
Page 1 of 1