Classroom English 2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Classroom English 2

Instructor: Jayne Crawford

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Lynn's reflection

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Lynn

Lynn

Lynn's reflection Empty
PostSubject: Lynn's reflection   Lynn's reflection EmptyMon Jun 14, 2010 1:36 pm

1. Cindy (Speaking with support)
It was really good to show students the pictures of new words that they’re going to learn. They can understand new vocabularies easily through the picture. When teacher taught the difference of two words ‘big’ and ‘small’, using the dolls(big and small bear) was a great idea. It can make students easily pay attention to the class and get interest on it. As you mentioned in your rationale, using pictures and repetition is very good way to help students remember the lesson for a longer time.

2. Cho (speaking with support)
I like your teaching style which is very energetic and tries to make the class interesting all the time. The choice of very familiar topic was also very good. A lot of students had to be the volunteers of the lesson and it made them to be excited. I definitely think that students are going to start to use the expressions out of the classroom later. I want to give you a big hand for your effort that you put on the class.

3. Somi (speaking with support)
It was a good start to do the finger-play with the students. As you already told, using songs or chants in the class is very helpful for making students learn the new phrases easily. And also, you explained the characters of each animal very entertainingly using the fun pictures through the PPT file. Some words could be a little bit difficult to the young children but you made the class very fun and interesting.

4. Trisha (speaking more freely)
The activity that we did in your class was quite fun. We could get some information about all different countries before the activity and we got more information through the activity. It was also very good to know each other and make them feel more comfortable to talk in the class. It will be helpful for making all of the students participate in the class. After a lot of these kinds of activities, students can have more confidence in their speaking.

5. Rachel (speaking more freely)
I think the activity ‘Color the picture’ was quite good for the young students. Young children all like coloring the pictures a lot. It can help students pay attention to the class much more easily. And students will get interest on each other’s picture while they are asking the questions about their partner’s coloring. Plus, giving the chocolate was a good reward to make students participate in the class.

6. Lynn (speaking more freely)
I tried to make everyone have a chance to speak in a group or individually. I think that speaking and listening parts are the hardest and most important in learning languages, so I chose the activities which can meet both two parts. Thanks for your positive participation and I hope that you had enjoyed my short lesson^^

7. Judy (Listen and make)
You focused on the listening lesson and you made students learn more easily by using the colored clay which is very popular to the young children. They learned the names of colors and shapes with fun and these will be remembered in their mind for a long time.
You also gave students some time to make their own creative things at the end of the class. It can help to expand their thoughts as well as they have a lot of fun to make it. Good job, Judy!
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Lynn's reflection Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lynn's reflection   Lynn's reflection EmptyFri Jun 18, 2010 8:28 pm

Hi Lynn,

Your rationale was to foster students' imaginations while building new vocabulary. I think you definitely did this, because you posed many interesting questions to students, allowing them to use their imaginations. I think you could have also (when teaching a longer/full lesson, not 10 minutes) given students a chance to talk to a partner about their answer you asked. This would give students more opportunity to talk and express their answers. Excellent job Lynn, I also like that you gave students a chance to think of questions.

Most of the comments you made about the other lessons reflected on the rationale. Very good, as many others forgot to relate the rationale to the lesson.
Back to top Go down
https://tesol.forumotion.com

Lynn's reflection
Page 1 of 1