Classroom English 2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Classroom English 2

Instructor: Jayne Crawford

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Cindy's reflection

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Park Minjeong

Cindy's reflection Empty
PostSubject: Cindy's reflection   Cindy's reflection EmptyMon Jun 14, 2010 11:23 am

Speaking with Support

-Cindy:
I planned to encourage to speak English by introducing new vocabulary using pictures and repetition
and helping learners remember new words & phrases in context, practicing new vocabulary & playing games with the vocabulary.
I put focus on remembering new words using guessing, categorizing the words and shopping game activity.
The time management is the most difficult thing.
When I prepared the presentation I thought that my presentation would be too long then I cut some parts.
However, when I started the presentation I was worried that my presentation would be finished so early than I expected.
As I was so nervous I don’t remember what I said ^^;; Embarassed

- Cho:
Your presentation was well organized and animated.
First your big picture of Cleany attracted my attention.
Your key expression “I’m washing my_____” was very authentic and useful.
I like song with DoReMi tunes, too. It was easy to sing along.
You prepared a lot. You must be very good at arts.^^
Most of all, I like your cheerful voice with smiling.
It is the most important virtue to the good teacher.
I envy you~ I love you

- Somi:
The introduction, song with finger play, was interesting and surely got students’ attention.
Your presentation was overall well organized and smooth.
I like your animal pictured hiding behind the objects too.
It makes students concentrate on teacher.
I like to learn how to make exciting ppt file. Very Happy

Speaking freely

-Trisha:
As I have no experience, I think it is not easy to teach adult. You gave me a lot of ideas to teach them.
You used beautiful and realistic pictures for introduction.
Guessing the country looking at the pictures was very exciting. I really want to travel~
Pass the ball game was fun. It will be very good to make people speak without stress.
Especially for introvert person like me^^, it is useful activity. I enjoyed a lot. I love you

-Rachel:
First, you distributed cute picture and made color only one person. Then tell the character what you colored.
If the partner colored the other character just like partner explained, it could be an information gap activity I think.
Your activity made students to speak freely with their partner.
During that activity, they can review the color and body parts.
It was very useful and fun. Very Happy

-Lyn:
Your presentation was very professional and well organized.
"What if?" question was very good to make student think and participate.
As that is open question without right answer students might answer the question without stress.
It is really nice.
In the second activity, guess who, you used Taboo Word. It was really impressive.
When I played the guess who game, students sometimes used the answer words and discouraged the game.
If I use the taboo word l can prevent it. It will be very useful. Thank you~
I envy your ability to make lesson so smooth and stable. queen

Listen and make
-Judy:
Your presentation about shapes and colors was very clear and easy to understand.
Especially looking for colors in the classroom was very good to get attention from students.
Actually my daughter often plays that game and enjoys it very much.
The activity with clay will be welcomed by children ,too. I can imagine how they are excited with clay.
Mixing clays and making new color is also very fun. Students surely like making object freely with clay. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Cindy's reflection Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cindy's reflection   Cindy's reflection EmptyFri Jun 18, 2010 7:06 pm

YOur lesson went well, and your bears and other items would definitely motivate young learners. My suggestion about the game "Cindy's Pet shop" is have the students pair up and play the game, and at the beginning have a few students volunteer (like you did) just to show the class how the game is played. Other than that, the phrases you had were a great guide for the students to practice (repetition).

Thanx for the comments for the other lessons. Please make sure to read their rationale carefully, and relate their lesson directly to their rationale. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://tesol.forumotion.com

Cindy's reflection
Page 1 of 1