Classroom English 2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Classroom English 2

Instructor: Jayne Crawford

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Jane's reflection

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
kim yeon jung

kim yeon jung

Jane's reflection Empty
PostSubject: Jane's reflection   Jane's reflection EmptySat Jun 12, 2010 9:37 pm

1. CINDY (SPEAKING WITH SUPPORT)
She started reviewing what students learned last lesson by asking what the pictures mean then motivated today's word by guessing. And she used two different size of bear dolls to introduce today's objective. I like that idea. Before the lesson, reviewing and motivating is very crucial to awake student's sleeping brain I think. She chose the dolls which are related to today's lesson.
After learning today's words and expressions she let students have a conversation using visual material. If students practice key expression with pictures or props than just do it with nothing, teacher can get students' participation easily.

2. CHO (SPEAKING WITH SUPPORT)
First of all, I would like to give her a big hand for her hand-made materials as well as her well organized lesson plan. Actually I use computer program to save time to make something than I make myself. It takes so long time to make something enough size to see for students and its life is a little bit short even though it is made strongly. So I can feel her passion to prepare the lesson.
And her activity is good for not only improve student' reading skill but also speaking.
She gave the student who answered the question incorrectly cognitive feedback proper time kindly. That is a good way to teach students but I think it would be better have the rest of students confirm the mistake and correct it than teacher do. I know she is nervous during the lesson. Maybe when she teach the real young learners, she would do like that for sure.

3. SO-MI (SPEAKING WITH SUPPORT)
She opened the lesson by singing very useful song which related to animal with easy motion easy to follow. I like her choice of song. It is easy and fun and informational. Sometimes teachers choose the song just because it is fun without considering today's lesson.
She made ppt slide with some animation effects. I could pay attention to the lesson because the ppt was to make me curious what is the next.
When she explained how to play a game, she did the stage step by step for student' understanding. I like that idea.

4. TRISHA (SPEAKING MORE FREELY)
At first I was a little bit worried about her topic - travel and country.Because it would challenge for young learner. But when she mentioned the target learner is advanced adults, I felt it would be a good activity.
She understand what the advanced adult is interested. She chose the topic well.Actually I have had curious how to teach for adult. I could get some hint from her. For a passing game, she prepared enough ball. I like that point also. But I think It would be better demonstrate how to play between students to confirm whether they are understand or not after teacher's talk. Anyway I learned Japan's national flower is not cherry blossom but popular flower from her lesson. Wow, I have had incorrect information for a long time. *^^*

5. RACHEL (SPEAKING MORE FREELY) Actually I thought information gap activity is a little bit challenge for young learners even though it is very helpful to improve speaking practice by interacting between students. But she let the students experience this activity easy way coloring the picture.
And she gave a chocolate to the students who did the good job. It's a good way to motivate students especially when they feel tired.
I would like to give candy or chocolate at the end of the semester to encourage them.

6. LYNN (SPEAKING MORE FREELY)
I think her activity is good for advanced learner to speak more fluently in English.
She started the lesson by playing 'guess who this person is' game.
Before the game she asked us do not say the taboo words to give some hints to each team's volunteer and she explained what the word taboo means in english.
Sometimes it is challenge to explain the meaning of word in english for me. But she did it saying example through ppt slide. I like that idea.
And she closed today's lesson by saying what we will study next time continually related to today's lesson.
I think when teacher mention like this, teacher make them ready to study before meeting them next time.

7. JUDY (Listen and make)
For learning about color and shape, she asked us what color we like the most and let us find that color or shape in our classroom. I like that idea. If something is familiar to students, it will be easy to learn.
Then she made us pick up the right card saying what the color and shape is repeatedly. I think that activity is good way to asses whether students understand or not directly.
She used colored clay for making a shape. I can imagine how much students will like it.
Students will learn today's words by making something naturally without stress and conscious attention.
When the colored clays is mixed and have different color, maybe students would think it's a magic.
That kinds of thinking will make the student see learning english is very fun in their mind.
To have students get positive thinking toward learning is very important I think.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Jane's reflection Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jane's reflection   Jane's reflection EmptyFri Jun 18, 2010 9:29 pm

Overall great, detailed comments Jane. Please make sure to read each rationale of the lesson, look carefully at what the main focus of the lesson was. Then make a comment that answers this question “Did the lesson accomplish the rationale”? How? This should be about 1 or 2 sentences.

Thanx for the thoughtful reflection!
Back to top Go down
https://tesol.forumotion.com

Jane's reflection
Page 1 of 1