Classroom English 2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Classroom English 2

Instructor: Jayne Crawford

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Shannon's reflection

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Shannon

Shannon

Shannon's reflection Empty
PostSubject: Shannon's reflection   Shannon's reflection EmptySat May 29, 2010 6:16 pm

Chris

She chose the known story that the most of students understand and like, ‘Five little monkeys jumping on the bed’. I liked her introduction, the finger play with rhythm. She taught all about the punctuations, and explained how to put the quotation, exclamation, comma in writing. Children may like to make their own book, and good to practice for writing on tracing dotted sentences. I really loved that qute book~One or two grade of elementary students may love this activity very well. I love you

Amy

I loved her alphabet song with motion, but it was pretty hard and fast to follow to me, I need practice more. Four or five years’ children are easy to remember the alphabet and learn how they make sound with this song. She taught the alphabet letter, ‘C’, and explained how to write it with saying, “little circle back~ stop!” I liked writing the ‘C’ with many ways, using index finger, eyes, nose, mouth or tongue, I imagine that children laugh a lot with this. Drawing something that starting with ‘C’ would be interesting to remember the sound what the letter ‘C’ makes and vocabularies like coin, cat, cake or cup. I want to share Amy’s ideas to my future lesson. What a Face

Ellen

Her activity could be interesting for third of fourth grade of elementary school even foreigners who do not know Korea well. She handed out the alphabet letters and let children spell the word, ‘Attraction’ with ordering each letters. Also she made them to remind what exactly the meaning of ‘Attraction’, children could be understand it before start the main activity. She chose ‘Korea’s attraction’ especially, and introduced the famous Korean dancing, food, sports and people. Sometimes she asked some questions and let children answer them, “Which foods do you most like?” It made them to concentrate and understand what the activity’ is about. Her activity could be good for brainstorming ideas with friends and develop and share other’s ideas to make sure the activity. cherry
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Shannon's reflection Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shannon's reflection   Shannon's reflection EmptyThu Jun 10, 2010 7:42 pm

Hi Shannon,

It seems like you are learning a lot of new ideas. I think it's so valuable and enjoyable to learn from peers and seeing activities in action. That way if we actually are doing the lesson, we will remember much more easily and then use it one day in our classroom.

See you Saturday Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://tesol.forumotion.com

Shannon's reflection
Page 1 of 1