Classroom English 2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Classroom English 2

Instructor: Jayne Crawford

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Trisha's assignment

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Lee EunJung Trisha

Lee EunJung Trisha

Trisha's assignment Empty
PostSubject: Trisha's assignment   Trisha's assignment EmptyWed Jun 16, 2010 7:22 pm

Cindy: she introduced new vocabulary showing the oversized teddy bear and cute teddy bear.
I love that part to use some materials that the students love for sure. It is a good way for students to pay attention especially for warming-up stage. Her game activity was fun to practice pattern drills .This activity helps to students to remember new vocabularies easily. At the end of the lesson, the students can successfully get the lesson goal.

Cho: She made brilliant handmade materials by herself. That is enough to make the students to concentrate on her lesson. Her key expression was “ I’m washing my ______.” The cloze can fill out the name of body part. She also made a chant for remembering this sentence. The students could’t be bored, because she repeated the key expression in various ways. I think she is such a powerful teacher.

So-Mi: I like her teaching way orderly. She organized the teaching orders very well. She showed the animal pictures first, then she taught what animal has. The students can learn the characteristic of animals, too. She put some special skills in order to hide the words in her PPT file. That was so interesting. Her lesson was exciting for the young learners. I like her lesson. Someday, I will use some way to make a PPT files as her.

Rachel : We did the coloring. The most of children love to do this activity (especially 5~7 years girls). We did a pair work. I suggest this activity involves more interactions with teacher such as a positive feedback. It could be better. She also gave the students rewards like chocolates. That was nice.

Lynn: She made me realize how important to have know-how. Teaching is pretty creative work.
That’s why there are some difficulties and worth to do.
She taught smoothly by the flow of lesson .The lesson goal was speaking freely. Her activity is reasonable for the lesson goal. She is very professional to make a speech in the class. Her attitude was confident to handle her lesson. I envy her voice tone, too. That’s very clear to understand what she talked about.

Judy: She brought the clay to make some shape and colors. She chose exact material to explain the shape and color. The students can listen carefully to make same shapes and colors as the teacher’s instructions. Listen and make activity is fun to make their own materials according to their listening. I like her lesson. I will try to do this activity for the beginner level of students.
Back to top Go down
Lee EunJung Trisha

Lee EunJung Trisha

PostSubject: Re: Trisha's assignment   Trisha's assignment EmptyWed Jun 16, 2010 7:31 pm

I forgot to mention for my lesson. Embarassed
I should have demonstrate to use questions example for practicing pattern drills that I actually written down.
I was nervous to teach Enlish in English. I 've never been so nervous to teach in front of the students so far, so I couldn't realize I should practice a lot to demonstrate. This micro teaching taugt me a lot of weak points that I have, but I am sure I will teach better than this presentation next time. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Trisha's assignment   Trisha's assignment EmptyFri Jun 18, 2010 8:03 pm

HI Trisha,

It seems everyone gets nervous teaching in front of peers, and not so nervous when teaching students. I know I do! The rationale for your lesson was to have students communicate without embarrassment and to develop communicative competence by themselves. So yes, I agree that you should have had a few practice drills first with the students. Also I would split the class into groups of maybe 5 or 6/group, just that way students didn't have to yell to each other across the room. Also in small groups, children (and adults) usually feel more at ease to talk, and aren't so nervous.

Overall, your lesson accomplished your rationale which was to allow students to communicate freely and without embarrassment. Well don!!
Back to top Go down
https://tesol.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Trisha's assignment   Trisha's assignment Empty

Back to top Go down

Trisha's assignment
Page 1 of 1