Classroom English 2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Classroom English 2

Instructor: Jayne Crawford

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Jane's reflecion

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
kim yeon jung

kim yeon jung

Jane's reflecion Empty
PostSubject: Jane's reflecion   Jane's reflecion EmptyMon May 31, 2010 11:41 am

1. Chris (5 Little Monkeys Jumping on the Bed, writing booklet)
I like Chris's well organized lesson plan. First she let us sing together with motion.
Then we read a lyric through the PPT which has big enough size letter to easy to read .
Some teacher doesn't care the size of the letter whether it gives hard time to the students who has low eye vision ability to read. But Chris wrote the letter enough size to read.
After learning the importance of the function mark like period, comma, quation mark and exclamation mark, we made a small book. When she teach how to make a small book with one piece of paper, I stuck out her consideration in mind. She spoke slowly and demonstrated for students and took care of some students who didn't understand what she said. I think that is good way for students to understand about the activity and make good report between a teacher and students.

2. Amie (writing the letter 'C')
From Amie's lesson, I learned how to teach writing "C" easy way for students. She started phonics song with motion, body alphabet. I interested that motion. So I want to learn the song with motion. I have thought phoincs song is a little boring so usually I have skipped the phonics song and teach the letter directly but I changed my mind after Amie's teaching. I think young kids will really like to learn using their body and body movements.
Before writing the letter on the worksheet, she wrote the letter using her eyes, nose, mouth, tongue and elbow in the air. Usually I wrote the letter using my hand in the air only, I have never thought using eyes, nose, mouth, and tongue. It was very fresh to me. Maybe next time I will try it.
However if I show the letter to students, I think it will be better my letter is opposite side for the students to see the letter more clearly.
After learning how to write the letter 'c', I coule remember the expression " Little circle back, stop" *^^*
Lastly I like her drawing related to the words starting with the letter 'c'. She mentioned some words starting with C drawing on the board saying how to write the letter c first. I like that idea.

3. Ellen (writing a booklet/pamplet about Korean culture)
I like her idea to check homework and password before the lesson. It is good way to check where the students' departing point. The psasword looked a little long for Grade 3 or 4 students though, but it was related to today's lesson.
She gave some card to students and let them come to the front to make a word in order and asked the students it's correct or not. I think it's important to check whether the students understand or not.
I like her bright facial expression and encouragement to students saying 'good job' something like that. It's very important to make them cheerful.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Jane's reflecion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jane's reflecion   Jane's reflecion EmptyThu Jun 10, 2010 7:32 pm

Hi Jane,

Great detailed and well-thought out reflection! It seems like you are learning a lot of new ideas and activities to use in your own classroom. I think learning from each other is extremely useful and valuable!

See you Saturday Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://tesol.forumotion.com

Jane's reflecion
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Classroom English 2 :: Welcome :: May 29th Reflection-
Jump to: